Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Cheating On your Partner : A different perspective

Most of us have definitely known someone (including self) who has cheated. The first thought that comes to mind naturally when you learn of someone cheating is : "What a bastard/bitch". Of what I have learnt in the past few months I have come to a very different conclusion rather that the usual bastard/bitch theory. The common conventional wisdom about people who cheat is this : He/she needs variety or he/she is bored, or he/she is just a male/female whore. If you think about it, majority of the people cheat just because they get cheap thrills out of it.What I would like to call it : Personality flaw. A lot of people I asked (Yes I know a lot of people who cheat) were not really bored of their relationship, nor were they mentally disturbed. It then got kinda obvious that they do it for pure cheap thrills. Its this "cheap thrill" genome in them that causes them to cheat and flit from one flower to another like a butterfly. A certain couple I know of, have been together for close to 8 years. The amount of times they have cheated on each other is staggering. Ironically, when they are together, they look like one of the best couples you may have ever seen. Another person I know of has been in a relationship for around three and a half years. He has cheated quite a few times. When I asked him to why he did it, his answer was : "Dude, there is too much of an onus in a relationship, I need to get in touch with my wild side once in a while, which is why I cheat". He also continued to add " But I do love my girlfriend a lot and I intend to marry her." Of course there were a few who were actually mentally disturbed (Some I think even mentally disabled, for the fact that they had EXTREMELY hot and loving girlfriends).

Now reading this, a lot of people wonder, is this personality flaw permanent. The answer is surprisingly, no. A few "cheaters" I know off have shun the personality flaw. How they did it was simple. They forced themselves into staying loyal. No matter what they kept telling themselves "I will not cheat". Every-time you have the urge to cheat, take this advice : Wank/shag/Khud khushi/Masturbate. Resist this urge and you will be happier.

Trust me on this ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment